Things are moving right a long since I finished with the paint. I started early Saturday morning on finishing some small details on some of the parts and then took down the plastic that was up protecting things from over spray, it was up for about a year. Took everything out of the garage and cleaned things up. That sure felt good.
My goal this weekend was to get the rear fenders on, tail gate and bed wood done finishing with the front fenders by Monday night. So during the week I can start on the cab insulation and install the carpet, mount the seat then move onto the doors by next weekend.
Finished the day with the alignment of the hood and fenders.
Its great to work at night when the weather is nice. Throw on some jams and start blocking.
Tonight I continued the process on the rear fenders and doors. Its been about a month since I had some quality time on my 56. The weather today in So Cal was 85! Tonight is just right.
I used some 3M dry guide coat to check for low spots. Used 80 grit with a long Dura-block. Not much pressure just let it flow. Crossing one way then the other. I like three times. If needed applied some Evercoat Metal Glaze Ultra. That stuff works great!
Next sand up to 180 then shoot more high build primer. Block one last time before sanding up to 600 and paint.
Here are a few pics.
Spent a little more time the following night, with a little help from a friend. Working the door jams.